Murfreesboro City Schools’ Extended School Program (ESP) has planned a summer filled with fun and learning including science, art and technology camps.
These programs enable students to continue their learning adventures as they work with certified teachers to conduct science experiments, create art projects and experience a variety of technology tasks. All Murfreesboro City School (MCS) students can enroll in any ESP Summer Camps.
- KinderCamp (July 15-19) is open to children pre-registered for kindergarten at MCS and focuses on preparing upcoming kindergarteners for the transition to elementary school. Students attending KinderCamp will get the full ESP experience during the week of camp.
- Archery Camp (June 24-28) will be hosted at Black Fox and features two certified archery instructors. Students enrolled will learn the basics of archery including how to handle a bow and arrow and shooting techniques.
- Edible Education (July 8-12 at Mitchell-Neilson) (July 15-19 at Northfield) focuses on providing age appropriate hands-on cooking instruction for students.
- Makerspace Camp (June 24-28) hosted at Discovery School allows students to use their imagination to build, design and create. This camp includes a trip to the Adventure Science Center in Nashville.
- Soccer Camp in conjunction with Murfreesboro Soccer Club (June 3-7 and June 10-14) is a unique opportunity for students to learn the fundamentals of soccer while actively improving foot skills, speed and agility. This camp is hosted at Overall Creek.
- Camp Big Shots (June 10-21) is a two-week summer camp organized specifically for active adventures. Certified teachers are involved with the two-week camp and teach a variety of skills including archery, woodworking, coding, and robotics. Campers also enjoy field trips to Nashville Shores and canoeing the Harpeth River. Mitchell-Neilson will serve as the host site.
- Drone Coding and Aerial Photography (June 24-28) hosted at Overall Creek will teach students to write the code that controls a drone and the fundamentals of drone photography.
- Girl Scout Camp with the Girl Scouts of Middle Tennessee (July 15-19) features outdoor activities and teaches students how to earn badges while learning about the origin of Girl Scouts. Girl Scout Camp will be hosted at Discovery School.
For detailed information about the summer camps including appropriate ages and grade levels associated with individual camps and costs per program, please visit www.cityschoolsesp.net or contact the School-based ESP Site Director or Central Office ESP at 615 893-2313.
Transportation to and from camp is not provided. However, payment plans are available for all camps.
The ESP program is open from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. during summer months. During the 2018-19 school year, over 2,000 MCS students were enrolled in ESP. The Extended School Program (ESP) provides a safe, educationally enriching, fun and rewarding experience for all students of Murfreesboro City Schools. ESP offers a wide range of classes including sports, music, arts and crafts, woodworking, ballet, hip hop dance, cheerleading, cooking, journalism, science, technology, foreign languages, robotics, and many more. The program also provides homework assistance and tutoring in specific subjects.