Rutherford County Sheriff’s deputies rescued several drivers who drove around barriers and stalled their vehicles.
Deputy Nikolas Madore waded into almost waist-high water to rescue a driver on Sulphur Springs Road near West Buckeye Bottom Road this morning.
The driver was cited for failure to exercise due care, driving around a barricade and failure to abide by a traffic control device.
Please do not drive around tape or barricades for your safety and the safety of rescuers.
Flooded roads closed this morning in Rutherford County are:
· 12000 block of Mt. Vernon Road near Eagleville
· Shoemaker Road and River Road near Eagleville.
· Sulphur Springs Road at Florence Road.
Passable roads with high water are:
· The 4700 block of Bass Road
· Cedar Grove Road at Johnson Road
Previously reported closed roads are:
· Sulphur Springs Road at West Buckeye Road
· Sulphur Springs Road at Shacklett Road
· Shacklett Road at Walnut Road
· Powells Chapel Road at the slab
· Guy James Road at the slab
· Goochie Ford Road at the slab
· North Lassiter at Barker and Readyville Streets
· Mount Herman Road and Weeks Road
· Elam Mill Road at the slab
· County Farm Road at the slab
· Stones River Road at the slab
· Salem Highway at Mt. Vernon Road
· 1400 block of Greenwood Road
· Armstrong Valley Road at Yeargan Road
· 2500 block of Thompson Road
· Kedron Church Road and Rocky Fork Road
· Burnt Knob Road at Stewarts Creek Road